Sunday, January 18, 2009

Claire Hux Put On Quite A Show


Caught the Claire Hux show at the Boot last night, and man oh man can they entertain a crowd. Motherfuckin' wild out day (though I don't think we actually broke anything...maybe next time...I guess Rob Lowe in St. Elmo's Fire wouldn't have called it a party). Giddy Baltimore Club mayhem, great make-up, shirts with Phylicia Rashad's iconic mug printed on them, dancing, baby powder...its still a blur but I know I enjoyed it. They have a free mixtape you should download...

Claire Hux - Jammin on the One Mixtape

Berk & Co. always put together a good show, but this one might have been the bestest I've made it to. The charismatic and ridiculously dextrous emcee Ced Hughes logged another fine performance. One cut I had not heard before was around a Dante Lewis beat screwed from Alice Deejay's "Better Off Alone", still the best cell phone melody ever. Ced also has a free mixtape you should download.

Ced Hughes - What Up Tho?

No comments: